Daryl and Glenn talk about many things, including:
- What got you interested in how wood burns, and in making sauna stoves?
- 35 years of tinkering with making a clean burning wood stove.
- Tower, Minnesota. February 4, 1996. -60 f.
- Daryl thinking “green” before there was the term green.
- Lamppa Manufacturing: selling direct to the customer, even before the internet.
- The Kuuma Stove owners manual. Hand drawn and hand written by Daryl Lamppa.
But back to his grandfather’s sauna stove. This was a touching moment for me, to see Daryl’s Grandfather’s sauna stove sitting on the dock behind Daryl’s current masterpiece. “If my Grandfather could see the stoves we are making today….”
Listen to the in-depth conversation below.